Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Posts from 2013!

Below I have attached the seven most popular blog posts that I have written this past year. My posts have had over 2,000 views and I want to take the time to thank those who have read my work and wish you all a happy New Year!

7. The 40 Day Program. This was the first time I experimented with a training program that I was not so sure about. I was able to see gains in strength during this program and is a nice way to get your strength back up to previous levels if you have taken a hiatus from strength training.

6. Sleep: Are you getting enough? Nutrition, training and recovery are the three keys to a successful training program. Often times, sleep is neglected.

5. My Take on Crossfit. This is a hot topic and I will leave it at that. Read the post if you'd like to read my opinion (if you don't already know my feelings)

4. Why am I not Getting Faster. This post takes a look at some different ways to boost performance if you are an endurance athlete. I can almost guarantee faster times if you understand this piece and how the body works.

3. The Power of No!  This post was inspired by the book "Toughness" written by Jay Bilas. In that book, he quotes Bobby Knight "No, is the most important word in the English language. No is used by tough people...Yes causes a heck of a lot of more trouble than No. In saying No, you may miss an opportunity, but you won't get yourself into trouble. Trouble follows yes, now no". I am sure we can all relate to this quote at some point in your life.

2. Back to the Basics. Every parent who has their child involved in youth sports should take a look at this article. You may think you are doing your child a favor by specializing on a sport at a young age but you may be putting their long term athletic development at risk.

1. The most popular blog of 2013 was titled Say Bye Bye to Bodybuilding. This post breaks down common problems that occur from following a workout routine out of a bodybuilding magazine and offers a nice template to follow if you decide to build your own workouts.

I wish you all a healthful and happy New Year!
Chris Fluck

No comments:

Post a Comment